Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ugly stage






I have begun to talk about growing into a woman with Taylor. She will be in 5th grade soon and has noticed the quick developing girls in her class. Scott gave her this book which is really good with helping me explain things to her. The picture are all cartoons and cute. It even has pictures for different stages of "development." It is funny where she thinks she is. I think she just wants to shave her legs. I tell her not to get too excited because you go through a long ugly stage before you reach your beautiful stage. Is that mean and scarring? I love remembering the ugly stage. Everyone has gone through it and girls continue to go through it. The cycle of life...It got me thinking of showing Taylor what I was talking about through pictures. Sooo I will post one of my ugly stage photos and tag all who dare to post an ugly stage photo. Katrina, Barbra, Tierney, Kim, etc...It will help teach Taylor about the ugly stage and everyone must go through it...and it will pass. So Post for the sake of all the girls beginning the journey that we are glad is behind us. Plus I want a good laugh.

12 comments:

Kim L. said...

Oh, I have some AWESOME ugly stage photos! I will dig them up and have Eric scan them for me...it will take me a few days, but it will be soooooooooo worth it! My ugly stage lasted a VERY LONG TIME! I feel like I am going through another one right now, too. Hmmmmmm.

Sheryl said...

Yes, aren't those just our favorite photos of all time? I remember looking at pictures with Heidi getting ready for her wedding video, and there were definitely "ugly" pictures that she vetoed from being allowed.!! We all feel like the ugly ducking instead of the swan...but swan you are!

Welch Family said...

Joy, I had a great laugh. Have Taylor check out my post for her.

Caroline Haring said...

Oh my goodness...this is great. I think my ugly stage lasted far longer than it should have. At my Young Women's graduation, the talk my dad gave about me was all about how ugly I was and how he thought he'd never get me married off and thank goodness I turned out OK. Gee, thanks dad. I'll unlock the vault so Taylor can see that there's always someone else that's having a worse time with the "akward stage" than she is.

Kelleen said...

I still go through ugly phases. I'm not kidding either. I have months where my skin is horrible. My hair is in desperate need of some help. etc, etc... The one nice thing about them is you can always look back and laugh and tell yourself you survived!

Barbra said...

Oh, the ugly stage!! I have some great pictures as well, give me a few days to post them. I promise you will get a good laugh:)

Kris said...

I HATE my pictures from that stage. I try NOT to look at them :) We pulled them out and had a good laugh too. I don't have the courage to post one yet! :) Maybe I'll post one of Norms!

Mel said...

I am going through an ugly stage right now! I have braces on my bottom teeth and Invisalign on top. Can you say lisp?

You look exactly the same just a few years older and of course beautiful. Taylor isn't hitting the ugly stage! I might have to get that book for Kate.

Caroline Haring said...

OK, go ahead and laugh your butt off. I posted 'em.

Kat said...

I am working on finding a really UGLY one. I have you beat for sure. I had braces for 4 1/2 years and was missing a few teeth. My Mom said those years gave me character. I say they gave me scars. Now that I am a Mom I realize she was just as embarrassed for me as I was.

kathryn said...

I seriously had a mullet and about an inch of black eyeliner around my eyes. I'll post it for Tay.

Lisa said...

I posted a picture for you Taylor, purely out of the goodness of my heart. Have a good laugh!