Thursday, May 1, 2008

Brown Bag it











There are many stages of development that parents get excited about. Rolling over, first steps, first words, first day of school...My oldest Taylor has reached a milestone of development. She has come to me and told me that she no longer wants to take her lunchbox to school. She wants to brown bag it. At first I thought it was for a field trip day...but no she is too cool for the lunch box. She is growing up so fast. I know what is just around the corner. She soon will be too cool even for a brown bag. Then it will be having to buy lunch everyday. I will miss the good old days of cutting your sandwich with a cookie cutter so you have a cute shape to eat. It is true that before I know it you will be gone. I only have 8 years left before college. The 10 years we have already shared has felt like a moment.


7 comments:

Judi Rowe said...

Oh how I agree with you. Enjoy every minute you can. It goes by all too fast.

DeAnne said...

wow, when I first looked at that top picture I thought it was Sydney! You're right though, even I can see how fast Taylor is growing up, and I only get to spend time with her twice a month!

Sheryl said...

Wasn;t she just eight and getting baptized? She has always been beautiful inside and out. You are so blessed!

Kat said...

Atleast brown sacs aren't expensive, pretty soon she's going to want $5 bucks for lunch everyday and a mini-coop :)

Mel said...

Wow Taylor is so cute. I remember her in the first picture! She and Austin will have to meet again someday :) I am already to the brown bagging it. Only because they would always forget their lunch box at school!

The Cardenas Clan said...

I love that picture of Taylor in the orange socks!! So cute!!

kam said...

Seriously, I am crying. What is this? Please re-name your blog, Geting emotional with Joy. I want you to make me laugh like normal, not get all teary and feel like I need to go and cuddle Gunnar all night so I don't miss out on any time with him.
I agree with Katrina; at least brown bags are economical and can be recycled. ;)