If you were a fly on my wall the past couple weeks you would of heard the term "earth waster." I do my part in saving the earth. I recycle my plastic and cans. My girls say I only do this because I care about the couple of bucks I get at the recycle center. They say if I was a true recycler then I would shop with canvas bags and recycle the plastic bags. I think canvas bags would be great one day. Now I have to many little kids and always fill my cart with groceries that I have no room for canvas bags. I guess I could put the bags on top of Brody with a small opening for him to breath through. If I leave the water running while doing the dishes and turn my back for a second...they come over turn it off and say "earth waster." They have crossed the line this morning. Sydney wanted to take a bath this morning so i told her to go and get in. She comes running out in tears and said the girls called me an earth waster. Apparently baths waste more water than their 30 minute showers. They were acting like Sydney was pouring oil in the ocean with her wanting to take a bath. "If she doesn't care about the future of her grandchildren then let her take a bath." Me being the smart mom I am taught Sydney "I am rubber and you are glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you...boing stick." So...problem solved...No, Now I get to hear "earth waster"...boing stick...earth waster...boing stick...all Sunday morning.Sunday, May 25, 2008
earth waster
If you were a fly on my wall the past couple weeks you would of heard the term "earth waster." I do my part in saving the earth. I recycle my plastic and cans. My girls say I only do this because I care about the couple of bucks I get at the recycle center. They say if I was a true recycler then I would shop with canvas bags and recycle the plastic bags. I think canvas bags would be great one day. Now I have to many little kids and always fill my cart with groceries that I have no room for canvas bags. I guess I could put the bags on top of Brody with a small opening for him to breath through. If I leave the water running while doing the dishes and turn my back for a second...they come over turn it off and say "earth waster." They have crossed the line this morning. Sydney wanted to take a bath this morning so i told her to go and get in. She comes running out in tears and said the girls called me an earth waster. Apparently baths waste more water than their 30 minute showers. They were acting like Sydney was pouring oil in the ocean with her wanting to take a bath. "If she doesn't care about the future of her grandchildren then let her take a bath." Me being the smart mom I am taught Sydney "I am rubber and you are glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you...boing stick." So...problem solved...No, Now I get to hear "earth waster"...boing stick...earth waster...boing stick...all Sunday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If being an earth waster means you are that cute, and smell delicious, there a few things that are worht it!!
HA! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to get brainwashed by the American educational system, too.
Next time they take a shower, clog the drain and siphon the water for their future drinking...tell them it is important to reduce, REUSE, and recycle. \"/
if you wanna use the reusable bags you can move to a colder clamate, cover brody in them and then they double as a blanket too. now your an earth saver.
Ahh, don't we just love our school teachers? Love the idea of reusing water from the tub to drink. Or, the food they don't finish at lunch, have for dinner, and the food they don't eat at dinner, have for breakfast. Love it!
Post a Comment