The only way I can get through a run is by listening to music. Today the song "coming to America" by Neil diamond came on. I think of my little brother who is serving in the Navy as some helicopter rescue diver. I don't claim to know what he does. The only thing I know about the armed forces I learned from the movies. He just laughs as I try to talk military to him. I just figured out what 0600 hours meant. The song sparks memories of him coming home from a year of being on a boat. They played the song as his helicopter came around the horizon and landed. My girls were waving flags and I found myself becoming patriotic and tearing up. I wanted to start singing proud to be an American but was beat to it because that was the next song that came over the loud speakers. I love a guy in uniform even if it is my brother. I think that started from watching Top Gun. He just left again to go on another ship where he can't say where he is going. Top Secret...I have heard that before in the movies. Are there really top secrets? I hope you are safe and I love you. I hope you know we are thinking of you. Maybe I should of saved this for a 4th of July post. Saturday, May 3, 2008
Top Secret?
The only way I can get through a run is by listening to music. Today the song "coming to America" by Neil diamond came on. I think of my little brother who is serving in the Navy as some helicopter rescue diver. I don't claim to know what he does. The only thing I know about the armed forces I learned from the movies. He just laughs as I try to talk military to him. I just figured out what 0600 hours meant. The song sparks memories of him coming home from a year of being on a boat. They played the song as his helicopter came around the horizon and landed. My girls were waving flags and I found myself becoming patriotic and tearing up. I wanted to start singing proud to be an American but was beat to it because that was the next song that came over the loud speakers. I love a guy in uniform even if it is my brother. I think that started from watching Top Gun. He just left again to go on another ship where he can't say where he is going. Top Secret...I have heard that before in the movies. Are there really top secrets? I hope you are safe and I love you. I hope you know we are thinking of you. Maybe I should of saved this for a 4th of July post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My dad is a retired Air Force Colonel. That's right. I am bragging. I am so stinkin' proud of him and the service he offered our country for 25 years. Anything that has to do with our country or the service gets me choked up. I cried at Sea World a couple of weeks ago at the Shamu Show and they dedicated it to all the armed services heroes. Tears. Big ones. Streaming. I totally understand your feelings...
Post a Comment