Sunday, May 11, 2008

33 at club 33

Everyone this weekend was celebrating motherhood. I on the other hand was celebrating my 33rd birthday. It happens to fall on mother's day every 7 years and this is my lucky year. I have made it clear that these are two separate occasions and should not be combined. A certain man I might be married to...has always done a great job of not combining the two days. He is always creative and puts a lot of thought into my birthday. This year he took me to club 33 in Disneyland since I am 33. This is an elite club that you need to be a member of and it takes 14 years for your application to be processed. It is one of those things at Disneyland that only a select few know about. It was created for Walt Disney's VIPs and the original investors of Disneyland. This is why it is called club 33 because of the original 33 investors. I will always think the 33 is for my birthday. Well, the certain man I might be married to pulled some strings and got us in. When you arrive at Disneyland they give you a club 33 map so you can find the secret door.

This is the secret door(in New Orleans square) that you knock on and talk in a voice box on the side of the door. Then when they are ready you are allowed in. I felt like a secret agent from mission impossible.


You get to ride up on an old french lift to the restaurant which overlooks Disneyland.
At dinner we had the best meat we have ever had. I love going to nice restaurants but they always have such small portions and dinner is sooooo long. After our 1/3 cup of soup and 1 crab cake to share between both of us I got a happy birthday dessert place with a chocolate mickey. Nice touch nameless man.


Then I decided to walk around and see what I could take that would not be stealing. My date said that if I took a menu and plate that would be stealing so I settled on some napkins from the bathroom.


While in the bathroom I saw these awesome toilets. Yes, you have to lift the lid.




My normal dessert at Disneyland is a churro. My girls know that we don't buy anything at Disneyland but churros.(budget) My dessert tonight even beat the churro. Banana split cheesecake.


Another great birthday planned by the master of surprises.

13 comments:

Blume Bunch said...

Craig and I were lucky enough to get in there 3 years ago ... and I TOO stole/took the napkins from the bathroom........and the pen from the waiters bill :)

Caroline Haring said...

Happy Birthday to you! Looks like the Scott put in a lot of thought and effort. Lucky you!

Barbra said...

Thanks for the sneak peak :)
I have always wanted to eat there :) Have a great day!!!

Sheryl said...

You two are too cute! Wondrous woman, and thoughtful man, can't get much better than that!
Happy Birthday girl!

Mel said...

Joy ~ Happy Birthday! Lucky for you it landed on Mother's Day. Mine is on Father's Day this year and was on Father's Day like 5 years ago. I hate it on that day and Sunday to boot.

We always get the churros from Disneyland! Love them! Definately have to have a budget for them.

Scott is awesome for the date. I have never even heard of that place. I want to go there now! Maybe Scott and pull some strings!

Happy Birthday Girl! You are so awesome!

grama janie said...

It is good to have such a good hidden resource in your mystery man husband. You really seem to take his counsil seriously about not mentioning him. How can you help including him in your blog. He should feel special because he is such a big part of your life. Great guy for you.

The Cardenas Clan said...

Sounds like a fun day! Your nameless man sounds like a great guy! I was lucky enough to go there as well, but it wasn't from a cool man, just my old boss. It was a good time.

Kat said...

Love the pictures, hate the annoying music. All, the same...Happy Birthday!

Tierney said...

That sounds SO fun! I hope you got my text on Sunday saying Happy Birthday and Mother's Day - sorry for combining them. I wish that nameless guy would wear off a little on his nameless brother so I could have memorable holiday outings to post about.

Heidi said...

K so i have been stocking you through my mom's blog {Sheryl}. I am a huge fan of D-land... How did you get in? i want to go so bad! I have seen that secret door! You should have taken more pictures. I really want to see the inside.

Hope I didnt creep you out. Sorry!

Judi Rowe said...

Sounds like such a fun day. You deserve it and 4 times more. Scott you continue to make me proud.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

That's awesome. Somehow, with all the strings I know how to pull, we still haven't been there. I'm glad you had a nice bday.

Amy Lynn said...

I have never heard of this place but my husband has and he wants to know just how you go about "pulling strings" to get in? Can you tell other people or do you have to take a blood oath not to spill all the secrets?