
Yes, you can still find leg warmers in stores. It was a mother daughter 80's skate night. The girls can't believe I was alive in the 80's. It is not the 1880's. In their minds I am sure it was close. I knew we were in trouble when I showed them a record and they said that is a huge CD.


As we were getting ready they kept telling me how pretty I looked with my blue eye
shadow. "Did all moms dress like this in the 80's?" No, I am going for a chunky teenager look. (If you notice closely I am wearing my new kids on the block t-shirt from an earlier post.) They kept saying how they wish they could dress like this everyday and the 80's would be so fun. I definitely think the music is the best. Scott tells me I need to get out of the 80's with my music but thanks to
XM radio I listen every car ride.

As you can see how excited she is to skate by herself. You won't get better unless you fall and do it yourself.

See look you are getting better and having fun. Plus you look so cute to skating to Michael Jackson's thriller.

We all started out slow and I felt like an old chunky 33 year old skating. By the end of the night I could have closed my eyes and swore I was 12 hoping for a couples skate...maybe not close my eyes because I probably would have fallen hard. I had a great time girls and was glad to share my era of the 1880's with you. Now maybe you will appreciate my music and not always want Hannah Montana. Her song
GNO is just as great as Girls just wanna have fun.

This little girl did not get to go but I guess she wanted to feel a part of the 80's. I think her legs were cold and she took leg warmers
literally.
4 comments:
It looks like you had tons of fun!!! The outfits are great!!!
My husband teases me all the time about my "crazy 80's" music. When I'm rocking out he always asks me, "hey, aren't these guys dead now?" I feel old age creeping in when the decade I grew up in becomes a party theme. I still have my old school Depeche Mode t-shirt I can't part with. It's good to know it may come in handy someday. Glad you girls had such a great time!
Now I really feel old, cuz my daughters were born in the 80's, and they we 8 and 9 in 1989. They looked like your girls. Got pictures!! Too cute.
I love the 80's! Your pictures are classic! Love the leg warmers. Poor Sydney! So sad that she was left out of all the fun :) Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment