Sunday, June 8, 2008

Olympic swimmer

I am so happy. Sydney finally let go of the wall and can swim by herself. She probably could have done it last year but she thought I would let her drown. Every time we would go swimming she would say, "You don't want me to drown and die." When she was two, she thought she could swim so she would push off of me. I finally let her go and watched her under the water staring at me with a look of fear. When I finally got my point across I grabbed her and told her that is what happens when you let go. After that she told everyone, "My mom let me drown."

She made me start close to her and promise not to move backward. Riiiiiiight. By the time she looked up I was at the other side of the pool.


Perfect gliding not realizing I am swimming backwards.



Checking to see why she has not reached me yet and took a much needed breath.





Yeah!!! She made it to me and all the way across the pool. What were her first words as she realized her victory..."Mom are you going to BLOG this?" Yes I am.




5 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

What a big girl she's growing up to be! I miss her so much in Nursery. I am amazed how fast the babies grow up after they move to the next class. I'm so glad Sydney remembers me and says "hello"!

The Cardenas Clan said...

She is so stinking cute!!! You crack me up!

Sheryl said...

One more beautiful bathing beauty at the Rowe's! She is so adorable!

grama janie said...

I guess your swimmers take after their mom, yet you were swimming at 18 months. All of your are one with the water. Way to go both of you.

Judi Rowe said...

Congratulations Sydney. That is a huge accomplishent.