Thursday, June 19, 2008

720 juice boxes

I have 3 girls who each pack a juice box a day in their lunches. 3 juice boxes times 5 days a week...times 4 weeks in a month...times 12 months=720 juice boxes a year. Now I know everyone is impressed with my math but this led me to my next project. I was shopping and I saw this girl have a bag all made out of juice boxes. I asked her where she got it and she said she bought it for $60.00. Then I did the quick math of all the juice boxes we go through and decided to make a couple for my EARTH SAVER girls. I went to a place where I learned all my knowledge of sewing (which isn't much)--my moms house. I needed the motherly love of "you can do it". 2 hours and 60 juice boxes later I got my bag. I think they are awesome and very easy to make. They are the talk of the school and we look like an earth-saver family. I think I am going to be on Oprah soon for how "green" my family is turning. The next step is dumpster dining. You only get that last comment if you watch Oprah. (Julie I know you get it). Now I need to go fill my not so eco-friendly, 30-gallon suburban with gas that will cost me $135.00. I guess Oprah won't be calling me until I get my Hybrid.
I wonder if the world might start making great things out of trash. If it does I am ready for it. Anyone want a Kool-aid blanket?
Here is the web site where I found some instructions. I think mine are much cuter. Notice the straws in the pocket in front.

8 comments:

Barbra said...

Those came out so cute!!!
Good job!!!

The Cardenas Clan said...

You are so crafty! They are cute and so green!!

Jewels said...

I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about! :) Next time we're together I say we go dumpster dining! When you get the call from Oprah to be on her show and you get to bring a guest...you know who to take. Oh, and next time you have my name for Christmas I want the juice box bag!

Kim L. said...

I have seen those before...maybe it was on that mormonchic website...So cute! WELL DONE!

Mel said...

Only you, Joy!! I am amazed! That is awesome and I bet your girl's love them! Kate only wishes you were her mom :) I was watching a home video today and Austin was 3 talking about how Taylor was his friend and that she loved him. It was in that Weller Court house when we lived behind Lisa P. So funny!

Kat said...

Those bags are huge! Are they packing Sidne in them to school. Can I make an order?

Judi Rowe said...

I think it is funny that the link is entitled mormon chic. That beats the molly mormon I grew up with. I approve of anything that requires sewing. Very Cute.

Amy Lynn said...

Oh my gosh...you throw perfect parties AND make cute purses for your kids. I'm so totally intimidated...I can't remember the last cute anything I made. That is why we have to live 2 minutes from Target.