Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grateful each day




Our first day off track is always an adjustment for me and the kids. It never goes well. I get angry...the kids think they should be on vacation and not do chores. I forgot Taylor had soccer so she was half hour late to practice. Sydney and Carly spent 6 hours cleaning their room. Then it took them 2 hours to fall asleep because they were dinking around. All three girls managed to break glow sticks and their hands and sheets glowed into the night. I was so mad I didn't let them wash their hands. Later I thought that might be a mistake if they are toxic. Brody also had 6 toxic diapers that did not add to my patience. It was not an enjoyable day. I was not looking forward to the 2nd day off track. Out of obligation I took them to get their pumpkins but it was so hot and tons of flies. I dropped them off to go swimming with friends and had a moment to myself. In that moment Oprah was calling to me. It was a moment that will change how I look at the days with my children(At least day 3 of off track). This video is a great reminder to cherish the days you have with the ones you love. Each day is a gift and I want to try harder to remember that. Taylor I am grateful for the 3695 days I have spent with you. Even in the midst of my anger you bring to laughter as you see my bed head and tell me the bride of Frankenstein is at my door wanting her hair back.

Carly I am grateful for the 2675 days I have spent with you. You are so caring and so easy to love. I know you are stuck in the middle and feel lost sometimes. You stand out more than you know and you will always be noticed.

Sydney I am grateful for the 1795 days I have spent with you. Your spirit can not stay trapped in that small body. Every morning when I come home from bootcamp you say "You go Girl!!!" You encourage me as I hope to encourage you.


Brody, I am grateful for the 305 days I have spent with you. I take each moment and try to bur them into my mind. I know how fast these moments go by as I have learned with your sisters. I give you extra hugs and cuddling because I know with you being a boy those will be gone soon. I am grateful for your good nature and easygoing personality. We needed a boy to help with the drama.



Scott, I am grateful for the 4420 days I have spend with you. Notice I subtracted 22 days for days that I am sure I was mad at you. I am a realist and everyone who is married has those days. You bring me Joy and Laughter and Adventure that make the hard 22 days bearable.








7 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for making me cry!! So sad! But I needed that today when I am so impatient :)

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

AWWW I always love reading your posts! I have those same feelings!!! Luckily my kids started school again on monday-At least my house is clean until 2 30!! Sad huh? ;-)

kathryn said...

I'm on 27 of 31 days off track...I needed that!

Sheryl said...

You are blessed!

Linda said...

Now that one made me cry (Not the lion one though). I don't have kids at home any more, but it still made me feel how blessed I am to have them.

Anonymous said...

I also watched that on Oprah and cried so hard. Thanks for posting it...today i needed the reminder.

Stacy said...

You should have had a warning!

Even I still get mad at my kids when I know how it feels to have time cut short. I was so cranky while carving pumpkins, now I am determined to not yell at anyone on Halloween!