Saturday, October 4, 2008

pumpkin bread

Finally a fall day so I decide to bake. I made some good pumpkin bread for some people. Actually, these will probably be my visiting teaching message. I thought I would post the recipe. I bought those cute baking dishes at Michaels for $1.00.

1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

preheat 350. Grease loaf pans. Mix wet ingredients. Then in separate bowl mix dry. Then combine until just blended. Baking depends on loaf size. insert toothpick until it comes out clean.

3 comments:

Kat said...

We loved the bread! I was going to ask you for your recipe. That makes things easy. Visiting Teaching in October - check!

kathryn said...

Very cute Joy! I'll have to hit Michael's for Jim cuz he always makes pumpkin bread for home teaching. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i made it two days ago. YUM.