He smacks his head into walls. He slams his face on tile. His sisters drop him. I step on him. This is all in a day for Brody now that he is crawling around. I saw this ad in a parenting magazine and did not know these helmets existed. Who would really use them? I guess there is a market for them or they would not have them. Should I be more protective of his head. Carly fell out of a shopping cart onto the pavement and had to go in an ambulance to the hospital when she was 1. No medical brain damage but she has a hard time cleaning her room. Maybe if I had her in one of these helmets she would have been fine and would clean up her room now. I guess I am just bugged how overprotective people are. I can't imagine taking Brody everywhere in a helmet. Notice at the bottom it says cool kids stuff. Is it cool and I am uncool and not protective enough?


So, this is my attempt to be a protective mother and protect you from gravity.

I guess he is realizing that he is not so cool. Look up while you are crawling...stop banging your head into the wall and the helmet will come off.
As I was typing this post, the nurse at the school called and said Sydney fell off the bars at school and banged her head and chin. I guess tomorrow she is going to school with her helmet on.
6 comments:
You make me laugh out loud! Which gets me caught blogging at my desk! Oh well, it's my lunch hour ;) You are too funny! Skyler says helmets are not cool, and won't wear one to skateboard in...so maybe we'll see you in the emergency room!
You don't helmet your kids around the house? I am calling social services.
You have completely missed the point. Only the expensive catalog helmet with the adorable decorative "simulated cute animal ear thingies" is cool. Thanks for another fun post Joy ;).
I did not know that they had helmets like that for babies. I thought they only had the helmets that correct their flat head! FUNNY! He will survive through all the bumps, babies are so resilient!
I'm a believer that no mater what you do I child can somehow hurt themselves. Don't ask Scott about falling out of things. He's too cute to hurt himself too bad. I hope Sydney is OK.
Once gain Joy you bring me to tears and possibly wet pants. Don't tell Allie though. We are potty training and I tell her all day ,"Dora does not like wet pants."
Post a Comment