Monday, August 25, 2008

Goodbye Paws

I am not an animal lover by any stretch of the imagination. My Mom and Carly however are animal lovers. So today is a sad day for them and even for me. The closet thing we have ever had as a pet was my Mom's dog "Paws". My Mom has had him close to ten years--when Taylor was a baby. He is half wolf because we wanted him to scare away the coyotes in Fallbrook. He was not very scary though. I used to love taking him for runs because he would pull you the whole way. Over the last two years we would have to start pulling him. You could see him trying so hard to run fast and try to keep up. He even collapsed a couple of times trying not to let us down. Then I remembered he was getting old so it was like taking your Grandpa for a run. He lost his best friend Roy to old age (the other dog in the pen) last year. I had never seen a dog depressed before. So, now I am sure he is reunited with Roy again. I know Paws is making Roy wait to eat until he is done with what he wants.
Paws, I hope you get to run as fast as you want again. We will miss you and I am sad for your Mom and Carly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, that's always bad news. Now i'm sad for you guys!

kathryn said...

My kids are so sad. They loved Paws. And I think you are more sad than you realize because you're not thinking straight...your Grandad could kick your butt running:)

Lisa said...

JOY, paws was a girl. i don't know if you knew that because you kept referring to her as a he. but the thoughtfulness is still appreciated. lisa