Thursday, August 7, 2008

1st day of kindergarten for Sydney

This is a picture of my Christmas morning(first day of school). I wanted the day to start out right so I made them a warm breakfast. This is a yearly occurrence for me because I am a cereal girl. My girls don't count warming things up in the microwave as a warm breakfast but I do.
There are moments in life that change who you are. I think one of those moments is the first day of Kindergarten. You have to go out in the world and your mom and dad can not protect you anymore. I cried the first of Kindergarten for Taylor and Carly. Not because I was sad they were growing up but I was sad that now other kids can hurt them. I spent 5 years of their life building up their self esteem and telling them they can do anything. One quick remark from another 5 year old can make them question that they might not be the best in the world. For some reason I did not cry for Sydney. I think she has enough self esteem for the whole class. I am actually a little worried that she might be the kid who puts all the other kids in their places. Look at her picture. She does not look at all nervous.
I thought I would post some of the girls kindergarten photos with this years photo so they could see their changes.
Carly in Kindergarten
Carly in 2nd grade


Taylor in Kindergarten


Taylor in 5th grade

This is me on my first day of Kindergarten.


This is scott in Kindergarten.
I missed the girls more than I thought. I went to Costco that day and had no one to help me unload the groceries.
Sydney I hope all your moments in Kindergarten help you realize that their is only one you .



10 comments:

Tonya said...

I love your blog...it always makes me smile...

it feel sorta weepy thinking my Ella will be off to kindergarten in a year or so...I hear ya about wanting them to be strong...

I am sure that you and Scott have instilled in them both strong self esteems and the sense of humor to laugh it off...

enjoy your "quiet time"...

I still think your Brody is the cutest ever...

xoxo

Tonya

Sheryl said...

OH my goodness, they have grown up so fast just since you moved here. Sydney is definitely a strong girl...she comes by that gift quite honestly. You have instilled great things in your girls...they have a great future ahead. My does Taylor look like you as a little one!

The Cardenas Clan said...

Oh I dig the old pictures!!! By the way, did Taylor remember to give you the money? So sorry it took me so long, my life has been a mess!

Kris said...

Was Scott going to Church or was he going to Kindergarten??!!! Did his mom kill him when he came home with dirty knees? or chocolate milk on his collar? :) (Norm is wondering) (Because of course I had to show Norm - which he loved to see! At least I am not the only one that posts GREAT pictures of her husband!!) I love old pictures and what our parents got away with!! Keep 'em coming! We want more!

Mel said...

Cute girls. Sydney's Kindergarten picture looks like Carly. I am impressed that you found pictures of you and Scott. You are all so cute!

Stacy said...

I haven't been able to look at your blog for over a month. I finally got caught up tonight. Every time I read your posts I laugh until I cry. Then I just cry because I miss you so much!

Caroline Haring said...

I love the photos you take. Your girls are so cute. Posting kindergarden photos of you and Scott was a great idea. Can't believe how much you look like Taylor.

kathryn said...

Merry Christmas:)

Judi Rowe said...

I go on vacation and your kids have grown up. Great post and cute kids. I know the feeling about Christmas. My Christmas is just about over. It's the opposite of mothers. One more closer to retirement. Enjoy the year Joy. More pictures of Brody, now.

Tierney said...

I can't believe it...Sydney in Kindergarten. That has gone by way too fast! I know what you mean about Christmas...although, this year Jackson only had 27 days of summer and even for me that was a little too quick!