
The night before our wedding I was crying and thinking what have I done. I can't get married... eternity is such a long time. Then Scott came over and made me laugh and I knew eternity would be OK. Some days I still think eternity sounds like a long time, but most days it does not seem long enough. So thousands of laughs later we celebrate our 12th anniversary.

After the wedding and honeymoon festivities he brought me home to this lovely apartment. He had the ugliest couch I have ever seen waiting for me. I knew we could only go up from there. Maybe eternity is too long if he thinks I can live with this couch. Luckily, we have not one piece of furniture from our 1st apartment. When we moved out we gave the couch to another poor newly married couple.

Happy Anniversary! I would still say yes...if you asked me today. I still might cry the night before though!!!
6 comments:
Wow that couch tops the ugliest couch award. We started with hand me downs and now it's nice to get our own stuff! You guys look so young in your wedding pictures! You both are so funny and happy anniversary!
Congratulations!! You guys each have a great sense of humor and you make us laugh too! Happy 12th Anniversary!
That really is the ugliest couch I have ever seen! Yikes! Like so many of your great stories and experiences it(the couch) just adds an element of humor to the situation. Congrats on #12!!
Keep the laughs coming:)
I think my grandma had that couch!.... I'm so not kidding : )
Joy - You kill me! Haa, Haa, HA!! This post was hilarious. Mostly because....you never cry! Happy Anniversary. May eternity be kind to you.
I'm glad you said yes, Joy. I wish I could say after 39 years that I don't have any of the same furniture but Oh well in our house we need something to laugh at. Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment