I love it when people post great recipes that are family favorites. This is our version on Sunday's monkey bread. My kids love it. It is so easy they can make it themselves.
3 cans of buttermilk biscuits
1 orange
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
bunt pan
Place biscuits in bunt pan vertical and touching each other. set aside. Melt butter in bowl then add orange juice and sugar. stir. Grate orange peel in mixture and then cut open orange and squeeze the orange for extra juice in mixture. Pour all the mixture in the bunt pan biscuits. I like to put aluminum foil on top so it does not get to crispy while cooking. Bake 350 for about 30-40 minutes. remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Just pull apart and check to see when the biscuits are done and how crispy you want your edges. After it is done flip it over on a serving plate and you have a great addition to your Sunday meal.
4 comments:
YUMMY!
I LOVE THAT STUFF! It was a family favorite when I was growing up. I have only made them for my kids a few times... due to the fact that I usually put the whole pan of them away myself...before the kids even know they are there. Not SUPER good for the love handles.\"/
this is a for sure try for me! That sounds soooo good!
I forgot all about that stuff until I was at Paula's last time! Glad you reminded me again...cuz I had already forgotten!
Post a Comment