Today Sydney made a life-altering decision. She was going to take the training wheels off her bike. I was not as excited as she was because I knew it would be a lot of running behind the bike and watching her get hurt. I have come to the conclusion that as we have more kids the DNA must keep getting better. Let me explain. Taylor did not learn to ride a bike until she was 8. That is as embarrassing for me as it is for her. Carly improved by learning to ride at age 6. Now Sydney must have the perfect bike-riding genes in place because she mastered the bike at 4. I think Scott and I might be figuring out how to make a perfect child...

Let's begin the task by first taking off the training wheels and giving a pep talk.


Yes, you are only four and a future Lance Armstrong (I don't know any famous girl bikers--at least not that I'll admit to).

Look at how proud she is of herself riding her bike. She is ecstatic inside but still is playing it cool trying not to crash...Just like me when I drive.

The best praise of all. Her sisters were so proud of how she has genetically surpassed them with her bike riding skills...leaving them behind.

I guess I gave her an amazing pep talk because with her amazing DNA she never looked back.

Remember, how I thought Scott and I were mastering how to make genetically superior children? Well, after I was feeling so proud of Sydney, I went into Brody's room after his nap. This is what I found. Brody got so twisted in his blanket that he could not get out.
Not so bright!!!!
...The winner of the
Awesome drawing was Dunkley Fam...
4 comments:
And what a biker babe she is! Great job Syd!! Isn't it amazing at how the younger kids in a family just by virtue of wanting to be like the older kids, catch on so much quicker. They either are braver, or just want so badly to be like their older sibs!
Syd.... please come show off your mad skills for Drei! I am so impressed. Drei will be the 8 year old for sure... she is just getting brave enough to conquer all the slides at the park.\"/
Brody will be two...like our #4! Make sure you keep the pink bike for him!
Now this is what blogging is all about. Our highs and our lows. Give Brody a break he's one of the only male Rowe name bearers around. Don't curse his genes. Hurrah for Sydney, she's keeping up with her sisters instead of the Joneses.
Post a Comment