Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Awesome mom(my first give away)

Some days I am a bad mom...like not going to their 2 hour award assembles when they get an award for attendance. I tell them that it is the law to go to school, so they should not get an award for that. Do I get an award for paying taxes? Some days I am an OK mom...like when all of their punishments that day just happen to be chores that I need to do. ( dishes, laundry, bathrooms) Not really a coincidence. Then there are Some days where I am an Awesome mom...like today I decided to bust out and have them make their own soap. We put characters and sparkles and all sorts of colors in them. They had a great time and I went to bed that night happy I did a new activity with them. Now they want to start a soap making business called slippery soap. Carly plans on selling it on the side of the road like a lemonade stand. So if you see them, stop for some nice refreshing soap.

Along with being an Awesome mom this day I was an Awesome bishop's wife. I found these cute tins and made a welcome sticker on it for the new families in our ward. I put some yummy treats in them and we went around to meet new families.
Sometimes I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for being Awesome. So I want to pat all of you on the back and do my first give away. I will mail or give you one of these cute tins with a different saying on them. Plus inside I will put a fun treat. Just post something about how you are Awesome or something Awesome you did this week. Then I will draw a name.

13 comments:

Kim L. said...

I didn't feel so awesome yesterday... but today, I will pat myself on the back a little bit because my 4 year old just finished memorizing the last of the 13 articles of faith. My son that JUST turned 3 LAST MONTH can also say all 13 of them with a little coaching. So, although Malakai spits in my face and hits me when I discipline him, my other 2 are doing alright.\"/

Mel said...

You are awesome for making soap and tins! Wow that is more than I do in a lifetime! I think I should win because I took all my kids to Carl's basketball game, lost my patience, told them they could find another mom and they all got grounded today. So there you are! But in the end I told them I loved them!

Judi Rowe said...

Cute tins! Where did you get them? I'm an awesome Mom today because I read my families blogs. In reality I gain from that so I know what they are doing. So that probably isn't very awesome. When my kids were young we made whole wheat bread and they sold it. Soap probably smells as good as bread but in a different way. You are an awesome Mom, Joy.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to get back to ya...I felt awesome until I read what Kims kids just did...now I don't feel so awesome. GO KIM! And nice job with the soap...I am not a fan of messy crafts, but maybe I should just suck it up.

Caroline Haring said...

Those tins turned out way cute! Let me tell you why I rock this week...Even though I have no clue how to sew, I'm still making all of the bedding and curtains for the baby room. All I have left to finish is the crib skirt and I'm done. So far, everything looks great! I'm pretty happy with myself!

Barbra said...

Those came out so cute!!!! After Kim's awesomeness I do not feel quite as awesome :) Anika has them mostly memorized at 8 but the other 3 no way. However my awesome Mom thing is for the rest of summer and yes I have a whole extra month more, stop laughing. The kids and I brainstormed and came up with ideas for a class to do each day. Some will be taught by me and some done by them everything from gymnastics to Science. It should be fun.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Is it breaking the rules for me to post something AWESOME that my wife did this week? I hope not. :)

Tanya is an amazing Mother to our 3 wild and energetic children. Even though the past couple of weeks have been really busy for me she has still made delicious dinners with one sick child on the hip and the other two pulling on her ankles. Somehow she finds the energy to go out for a run after the kids are down, maybe because it's her only time alone out of the house. My wife is amazing, and deserves a cute tin. :)

Blume Bunch said...

Yes, and I'm AWESOME because i went out and ran with Tylers AWESOME wife for 30 minutes last night without stopping :) (as i posted on my blog)

grama janie said...

I am an awsome mom because I gave joy her tumultous childhood that she could draw from to be such an awsome mom to my grandkids. Even though my husband did not bless her directly with a sense of humor, she seems to have kept hers all these years. great job Joy, you really live up to your name.

Tierney said...

I think you're a really creative mom. I've always thought that. Let's see...I'll get back to you later on why I'm awesome...because the only thing I can think of so far is that I suppressed my OCD tendencies today and let my kids play in the mud for a bit at the neighbor's.

Taylor said...

I don't need to say why I'm awesome because I know my mom's leftovers she will let us eat.But I can say why my mom da bomb!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I figured out why I'm awesome this week. I woke up at 4:45 everyday to work out and be done by 6.. And everyday Nash was awake right when I was walking in the door (thanks kid).

Lisa said...

I am surviving dance festival. 'Nuff said.