A long time ago I was a rookie mom. I went to the golden gate bridge with my friend who was not a rookie mom. Her daughter would not get out of the car to look at the bridge. My friend looked over the bridge and told her daughter that she thinks she sees dolphins. Her daughter quickly jumped out of the car to see the dolphins. Of coarse there were no dolphins. I was shocked that my friend would lie to her children. I have since learned that this tactic is not a lie but a simple tactic of motivation. This is a hiking trip we went on that my children needed some (lies) motivation from me.
Here we are getting ready to start our hike. I began the week by telling the girls that we were hiking to a mine. Who knows what we will find in this mine? Gold? Jewels? 7 Dwarfs? I knew they would complain so I thought this would keep them going. Look how excited they were for our adventure to the mine.


Still hiking. A few complaints. "Remember the Gold that we can find when we get there and cash it in at Target."


We are almost there and then we can run through the mine and explore. I knew we would spend hours exploring the mine with flash lights. It will be worth it I promise. Just keep going.

Yes, girls this is the mine. Boarded up with a keep out sign. No gold, no jewels, no dwarfs and even no exploring. I thought at least we could explore the mine. We had no complaints on the way there due to my motivation. I am sad to say that is not true on the way back. Luckily I am not a rookie mom. Why you ask? I brought my ipod for the way back and I did not hear one complaint.
7 comments:
Hi Joy!
Just found your blog. Love the naked barbies-talk about fun in the shower! Thanks for your tip on "motivation". I, being the new rookie mom to be, am taking all the notes I can. Take care!
I can see what I lacked as a parent was ifib and ipod. I did do whatever it took so it's basically the same thing. Looks like fun, wish we were there. Why does the person at the mine look headless? I hope that's not one of your party.
Hey cutest family! Love your blog. Love the spin on motivational speaking! I also see it as seeing the adventure life has to offer. You are always so good at that. Come see us on our new blog sherylrussellholmes.blogspot.com. Just starting to learn a bit, still have lots to learn. I may call you for some tutoring!!
You are the smartest liar, I mean mom I know. Loved the twist. ;)
That's just funny.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the hike to and from the mine. I told Bishop that if there were complainers we have a place up there with a soft sofa. :)
Post a Comment