We went to the drive in a couple of weeks ago and saw Horton hears a who. It was great. If you ever go to the drive in during the summer or weekend it is packed. We decided to go on a Monday for FHE. I was thinking that it would be packed like summer so we left an hour before the movie started. We pulled up and no one was there. I was beginning to worry that maybe some gangs spread the word to avoid the drive in that night because it was their turf. I say that because the drive in is in a not so nice area of town. I just keep telling myself that gang bangers have families too. There were no shootings but the car next to us was smoking marijuana. The kids ask us what that smell was. We have no idea we told them. Car Freshener? We love the drive in and go often. I hope this description does not scare anyone because it is really fun. The experience even continues the next day when you go to clean out the car with all the popcorn and M&M's on every seat and floor. What more could you ask for. A cultural experience-gang territory, family bonding & you increase your food storage with all the popcorn left in the car.
I thought that I would post the phone # of the drive-in. Kids are free and adults are $7.00and you can bring your own snacks. To those of you who live close to us here is the phone # 683-4455.
4 comments:
What a fun idea! Maybe if a bunch of us go in one big group we can fight the gangs off together!? All the SUV's and Mini vans might scare them off..........
I can't get over how much Brody looks like you. Sounds like fun - too bad we're not there anymore to experience it. I told Vinny I want to move back.
Thanks for the pics. Wish we could have come with you. I was sad we didn't get to go to the drive-in when we were there. So much to do and so little time.
I love the drive in. We would love to be able to go sometime. I have some sweet kick box skills and Jaren used to lift so he is pretty strong. Gunnar can give a mean kick to the shin. We are safe; no problem.
Post a Comment