The word JOY does not make me happy at Christmas but I am not a total Grinch. These are some of my favorite things that make me happy at Christmas. I love Nativity's...I think it is probably the only thing I collect. My mom started this obsession...she has sooo many she can't even put them all out every year. She has to rotate them. I love to collect unique ones from different countries.
This one is made of all leather from the Amazon jungle.
This is my new one I am just starting to collect made from imported hand-spun yarn.
I bought this one in Germany because I loved the palm trees. I was so scared bringing it back on the plane.
This is one of my favorites and one of the least expensive at 25.00. This one is from Guatemala. Scott was trying to bargain down to $20 and walked away hoping they would come after us. I was not going to let $5 and a little pride stop me from buying it. I went back without Scott.
This silver one is not from another country, but I thought it was so unique I bought it from a guy who makes them out of his garage.
My dad bought me this one from Peru. I love the dark faces. These are just a few of my favorites that put a smile on my face. I also smile every time I walk by my Christmas tree. It is huge...probably about 15 feet. It has lasted 8 years so far. If you look close one strip of lights are dead...I told the girls it is a new trend.
Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment