Brody just started his first basketball season. We are a little frustrated and disappointed with his level of play. He has been playing for a month now and should understand the basics of basketball... Screens, picks, 3 seconds in the key, defense, offense, 3-pointers, free "shows", zone defense, man-on-man defense, quick transition, breakaways, swipes, stacking, steals, shot clock, shot percentage, fouls, forwards, center, guards...etc. You know this should be basic, basic stuff for a 4 year old. :)
He does get a few things...He knows his spot is the red square!!! He does not want to leave his spot. We have tried to explain that your spot is not literal... just a general area. He does love running from transition from offense to defense.
There is my square again. I missed you when I was on the opposite end of the court.
He also is a pro at always keeping his hands up...for offense and defense. Every photo he has his hands up and ready.
He has improved his dribbling skills...I did not even know he could dribble the whole length of the court.
He always looks to see his passing options...very unselfish or maybe just does not want the ball stolen.
Ultimately, the only thing I want him to learn at 4 is that sports are fun and we are always proud of you. Thumbs up, Brody!!
No comments:
Post a Comment