I have been like most women in the world today and have always wanted to change something about my body. I have probably said more negative things about my body than positive. This body has created 4 human beings and I have never said good job. This body attracted a very hot husband yet I still never gave it a pat on the back :) This body has run many miles and wakes up each day to do things you take for granted. I love walking anywhere I want now. I love brushing my teeth and walking to the towel to wipe my face. It was such an annoying process to brush teeth than crutch over to a towel than crutch back to finish getting ready. I would forget I was on crutches while I slept until I needed to go the bathroom in the middle of the night. Danger to crutch while you are half asleep. I would crutch around the store and forget something on the other end of the store and wanted to cry at the thought of crutching all the way over there. Try sweeping and mopping your floor in a wheelchair...you get wheelchair lines everywhere. I guess some would say that my body failed me by having my Achilles snap in the first place but I have been amazed at my body. I would like to officially give my body its first compliment. Thank you for recovering nicely...you are amazing and I feel you getting stronger each day. I look around the orthopedics office and see so many people who are not healing as well as you. You amaze not only me but the doctors, who say I am ahead of schedule. I am proud of my scar on the back of my leg. It reminds me of how far we have come. A lot of people say you won't be able to tell when I start wearing pantyhose....hmm. A. I live in So Cal so that won't happen and B. I am proud of my battle wound and C. my husband loves me for much more than my Achilles :) I think of how amazing you are with each step I take. Now, don't think I will love you even more if you snap my other Achilles!!!!
2 comments:
Here is your official
"YOUR WELCOME" I thought it was a pretty great one to start . Love you joy. Glad I could help in some little way.
Joy- Loved that post and need to hear it for myself! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment