Friday, May 1, 2009

Exaggerated "FLU"

I am so sick of hearing about the swine flu. After all, it is a flu and people die from the normal flu every year, too. I think you have to just get over it as many of us have been told time and time again. Brody is really sick (not with swine) and I should probably take him to the doctor but I am not going to. I can only imagine how long that visit would take. I would probably be told he has to get over it and then would have wasted 4 hours or more with this FLU epidemic. Then I get a call from school that I need to pick up Sydney because she coughed a couple of times. They asked her if she wanted to go home. She is no idiot. Of course, she does. What does she do when she gets home? Rides her bike. Most of the time I would have made her stay in her room and sleep if she is soooo sick. I did not care because I knew they totally baited her. Then the other girls come home and tell me they had an hour assembly at school about washing their hands and how the principal had a flu shot when she was a child... Late that night I get a call on the phone from school that all kids need to bring hand sanitizer to school the next day. Do these people not watch 24, my favorite show. There are many biochemical weapons that will kill us faster than the FLU. Everyone needs to settle down and listen to Obama--wise presidential wisdom..."WASH YOUR HANDS". It might be the only wise thing he will ever say.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

that pig kissing picture is awesome. very appropriate. the only thing that could have made it better is if it had been brody. ha ha ha

Kris said...

EVERY store is SOLD OUT of hand sanitizer! It's crazy!!

Kim L. said...

I almost threw up when I saw that picture. SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY. The media is having a hay day with it...anything to get ratings. However, there is a PORTION of me that says "what if?". I do KNOW one thing...and that is our nation is RIPE AND READY for a good cleansing.\"/

Caroline Haring said...

Do ya think Sydney could give me some "how to fake sick" tips so I can stay home from work? Global warming, west nile virus, bird flu, swine flu...whatever it takes to get news ratings. Enough already.

Stacy said...

I have been sending hand sanitizer in Jaxson's backpack for 2 years! Talk about being prepared! His school got shut down this week because a teacher has it. Good thing my son already knew how to wash his hands even before the all school demo!!!!