Monday, May 11, 2009

3 pan lasagna mom

There is an old story called Johnny Lingo that is a classic LDS movie. Basically, it is about a girl who thinks she is not pretty and worthy of a great husband. Everyone perceives her as a loser and not worth much. In her culture, your value is based on how many cows your potential husband pays for you. Most get 3 or four cows. This girl who thinks she is not worth much receives an 8-cow offering which sends everyone into shock. After some time she begins to think of herself as an 8-cow wife and becomes beautiful inside and out and sees her great worth. I am sure my husband would have paid 8 cows for me before we were married. Sometimes you forget how much you mean to someone as you go about your routine. I get a reminder every Mothers Day how much he appreciates me being the mother of his children. Not with cows or tender words but with Lasagna.

I used to try and tell him that it is way to much for 8 people and he should scale back. He spends hours making them. Maybe that was my inner voice subliminally telling myself I don't think I am worth 3 pans of Lasagna. But I AM a 3-pan-Lasagna Mom and am grateful he tells me every Mothers Day in his own way. It is worth all my sacrifice.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the 3-pan-Lasagna Moms!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! I wish I had been there! I love Scott's Lasagna!!

Jewels said...

Can you please have Scott give Darren some lessons in cooking?

Stacy said...

Waiting for the birthday post!

Lisa said...

you are totally a three lagsagna woman. maybe we should measure it calories and then you would be a 3000 calorie woman. the bigger number sound more impressive.

grama janie said...

Even better thqn the lasagna is hoe all thqt love tastes. He does a great job year after year. Got to luv that guy!