Monday, May 18, 2009

Waiting for the longest time

For the longest time, Scott never seemed to "fit in." (no jokes) Finally, after eleven long years of not fitting in at the Father's and Son's campout...he finally "fit in" because he had a son to bring. I definitely knew who was more excited to go...and it was not Brody. At 17 months old, Brody went on his first camp out with his dad. I guess he could not wait any longer...I mean Scott, not Brody. My only request was that he not be allowed to get burned by the fire.
"Dad... Look how close I can play to the fire on these stable logs!!!"


"Do I feel a little warm playing so close to the fire?"




"Can I throw this stick into the fire?"


"You don't even care that I am standing on the table we are getting ready to eat on?AWESOME!"



"Good...act like you are watching me. I won't tell."


"Can I go on a hike by myself?"



"Thanks for letting me have a cookie for breakfast...Mom would never let me."


"Thanks, Dad! I had the best time getting dirty and not having to listen to Mom and any sisters!
I am glad we have each other other! You have been waiting a very long 11 years for a Son and I have been waiting my whole life for a Dad like you!"

3 comments:

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Joy!

You are too hilarious! I love your posts! Keep 'em coming!

Mel said...

How cute!!! I love that he wanted to take him at 17 months!! So funny.. Carl still wouldn't take Ryan last year and he was 2 1/2. But he does have 3 sons. Brody is adorable!

Lisa said...

Brody is the cutest little guy around, glad they both had a great time!