Sunday, March 15, 2009

GRAND CANYON

In order to do my part to stimulate the economy I decided that our family should take a truly American trip. What could be more American than the Grand Canyon. Scott and I have never been there and everyone needs to go a least once.





This is Scott and Brody looking for the Grand Canyon. "Where is it?" "I don't know, maybe if you squint your eyes you can see it."


It almost looks like this is a fake background. It is real.


I was amazed how close they let you get to the edge. 2-3 people slip and die every year at the Canyon. Needless to say we held Carly's hood the whole time after a few stumbles.





We never get any pictures together. So, I was excited for this one.





We took a two hour train ride home from the Canyon. Look at my boy excited about machinery.












Finally, after a long day Brody fell asleep.


Literally 10 minutes after Brody was asleep this annoying Cowboy came on the train to earn tips playing his accordion. I told him I would pay him $5.00 if he would not play and move to the next train car.




The next day we exposed the children to the Hopi Indian ruins. Scott is a little bigger than a Hopi Indian. Notice him squeezing Brody on his back while crawling through the door.




I told them to sit Indian style since we were at an Indian site. They did not get it.




Finally, our little girl got to go to the hotel pool and our Grand Canyon adventure was over.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Joy-your song selections are truly..amazing;) On a side note-your website is the only one I don't press mute when I visit! Thanks for becoming a follower! Those shots of your kids are awesome. Miss your little family-when are you guys going to road trip it up here?:)

Tierney said...

Two things - Did you really say that to the cowboy and do a couple people really die at the Grand Canyon every year? That seems like a really bad way to go.