Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reward or punish?

Anyone who knows Sydney knows she has a little extra spunk. That is one of the reasons I put her in Kindergarten at 4. I wanted some older kids to keep her in line. She had to move her behavior clip down today for playing in the bathroom. Part of me is proud of her that she made it 34 days without a behavior paper. I have been waiting everyday to get one, but each day I was disappointed with her perfect behavior. So today I was relieved when she finally got one. How do you keep a straight face though when her bad behavior is playing in the bathroom. I tried hard not to laugh as I told her this was unacceptable. I said "For someone who likes to play in the bathroom so much your punishment is cleaning all the toilets!!!" To which she responded "Great!!! I love playing in the bathroom." Dang it...another failed parenting moment.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Where oh where does she get her spunk from? Maybe from a mommy who smiles at her cutest antics! What a strong and sweet bubba you have there....love it!

Linda said...

We had the same experience with Kent once. We were in the principl's ofice getting the "talk". Kent was in trouble for being sent to the "bad table" during lunch, then getting all his friends to join him because now it was "cool" to be there. I still laugh when I think of it. Maybe Sydney will be a doctor like Kent.

Caroline Haring said...

Already sassing you at 4? Best of luck to you when she's 13. Can she do my bathrooms next?