Thursday, March 28, 2013

The "Y"

Last night was a real slap in the face that time flies. And as my kids get older...I get older.
Last night, an information night was held about BYU and what high school kids need to do to get accepted.  So, Taylor and I attended together.  I wanted to wear my BYU alum shirt as a badge of honor but I tried to not embarrass Taylor.  I feel like I was just there and saw the Y on the mountain for the first time...nope, it was 20 years ago.  How old do you sound when people start a story with...20 years ago.  Old!!!


I learned that my dorms in the back are gone and torn down.  This memory is an old boyfriends "crotch rocket" (as we called it back then).  He bought it after I broke up with him and came by to just show me what I was missing now.   Good times.


 Loved my random classes..I took wilderness survival.  I have used this class about as much as I have used college calculus....Never.


 Dorm life...remember when floral was in?


Graduation day!!  I don't have many photos because 20 years ago we had film cameras and it was expensive to develop pictures.  Remember when you would take one photo of the moment (not 15) and hope it turned out?


 A long time ago I used to do nice things for Scott and surprise him...I know he misses that.  I put this picture in not to have Scott remember why he fell in love with me...but to notice the blanket on his bed.  I have always thought this blanket was ugly.  He loves it...


...and unfortunately our kids love it too and it will never die.


I miss my college days and my college friends.  It was so much fun and I hope my kids will get the chance to make some good memories and have good friends in college.

2 comments:

Judi Rowe said...

I'm taking credit for the blanket. It was on his bed when he returned from his mission. We thought it looked like where he had just come from. It was selected with great care but as everything we love at one time in our life it's value dims as the colors in that quilt have. You are probably right Joy.

Mel said...

These pictures are AWESOME!! I think I had the same floral comforter in college and LOVED it! College was some of my favorite memories ever.