I am the first to admit that what I let child #4 get away with is way more than I let child #1 get away with. I just learned to let things go because time goes sooo fast. For example, I never let Taylor dress in costume in public...but I love Brody dressing in costume in public. He believes everyone thinks he is the real spider- man. People say stuff like "Hi Spider-man" and he quickly takes off his mask and says..."I am not the real spider man, I am Brody." Another thing I have let go is Brody getting dressed by himself. Child #1 always had my help with picking an outfit and me steering her in the right direction...Child #4 gets to go pick anything he wants. I love to see what he comes back with and why he thinks it matches. Anything with a "Y" on it from BYU matches because they all have Y's on it...or the all-black Under Armor shirt with the all-black shorts. "See, Mom, black and black." Can't argue with that. Sooo, yesterday was no different in getting ready for school. He picked out his outfit below. Not what I would have chosen but I was fine with it. Everyone made it to school on time so the morning was successful and I was off to go running.
I got back from running and there was a message on my phone. Someone reminded me that today was picture day and wondered whether I wanted to bring Brody another outfit. I looked at the clock and thought...not worth it and thought it would be a funny memory with him not looking so cute. After all, he wears this kind of outfit everyday...basketball shorts and a T-shirt. If it were Child #1, I would have gone up to school as fast as I could and fixed the situation immediately. Anyway, I let it go and did not think about it until I picked him up from school. It did not bother me.
I guess it bothered someone though. He was in this outfit when I picked him up from school. Some Mom went to Target and bought him this outfit for the picture. Who does that? Why did she care so much to have my white trash son in the class photo with her daughter. I was not offended or embarrassed at all. I thought it was soooo funny that she would make such an effort for a pre-school photo. I ask again...Who does that? Maybe a Mom of a Child #1--but definitely not a Mom of a Child #4.
4 comments:
I like picture #1 of child #4. He is cute in anything.
Are yo kidding me?! That's crazy!!! It's a good thing you don't get offended easily. I think i would have been! I have the same attitude with my #4.. it's just not worth it and I agree I chuckle most days. I need to start taking pics of his outfits.. Brody is so cute either way!
Todd and I think that is hillllarious!!! Cool though-free new outfit! Hope you got to keep it! :)
If anybody wants to buy my kids clothes I'm all for it.
Post a Comment