Carly has had some big changes this week and some things I always want to remember. So, to the blog my thoughts go.
In 2010, Carly was put on a club travel soccer team.
We spent long hours and many weekends with some great soccer girls and parents. She loved every minute of it and we loved watching. Everyone was so respectful that she did not play soccer on Sunday.
After two years with the same girls, Carly has realized it was time to say goodbye and move on to other things. She was not as happy as she should be...and we were not happy because she was not happy. Soccer should be fun not stressful. She put so much pressure on herself because she did not want to let her team down.
So, she told the team that she was leaving and everyone was sad including herself. I know it was really hard for her because she loves them so much. She wrote her trainer a heartfelt letter which made the trainer and me both cry. We made soccer treats for after the game...club players never do treats. I cried after her last game because I was so proud how well she played her last game and sad to say goodbye.
Everyone had to say good bye even Brody to his playing buddy. They never watched a single game--just played in the dirt.
During all this transition of deciding to stay or go she has been playing for another rec team to help her de-stress about soccer.
She felt no pressure and just played because she loved soccer and it reminded her that she is good at soccer.
Wouldn't you know--her team won the championship for rec and she was a key part of their season. If I gave an MVP, I would give it to her with no favoritism.
We were so lucky that her club coach had to coach her rec team. He helped her shine and see how amazing she is on the soccer field and inside herself.
The champions!!!
This is the smile on Carly we have been searching for. I think everything about you is amazing...but my job as a Mom is to get you to believe it!!!
Do you believe me yet?
2 comments:
I have a lump in my throat Joy...how cool, I love the action shots of Carly. These really are some of the most fun years of our lives with our kids in sports! Love the one of Brody hugging his friend too
I believe you. She is awesomely amazing. Congratulations Carly.
Post a Comment