Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Terrible's" new year

Apparently, my car like me is not meant for cold Utah. I think it froze to death because on our way home, she died in Primm Nevada. If anyone has driven home on the 15 during the holidays you know what a mess it is. We stopped for a potty break, loaded back in the car and nothing happened. Got a jump and it died a half a mile later. I knew we were in for a long 24hours. As parents we put on our fun adventure face and our journey began.

1.45 line at McDonald's with people who I don't think contribute to society(scum)

2. walking through the casino with 3 girls covering their faces due to the smell of smoke. waiting another hour to check in.

3. 2 girls in tears...one saying I wish our car broke down in front of the Hilton(I agree). second girl hoping the second coming is near? Why? because all these people will die..smoking, drinking, gambling..."nice attitude" third girl just looking forward to playing the slot games. son...just thinks this is all part of our Christmas vacation. I guess we looked pretty pathetic because someone gave them $5.00.

4.tow truck driver had no concern for my safety. As I was trying frantically to get the stuff we needed out of the suburban before he towed it away...he was lifting it on the flatbed with me still in it. Husband thought this was funny as I guess he had no concern for my safety.

5.Husband left with tow truck driver and I did not know if I would ever see him again. Once again the tow truck driver was scummy. I should of given him some big kiss or say something romantic like they do in the movies when they go off to war. Nope, I think I gave him a not so nice smile since I had all the kids and luggage.

6.Successfully lugged all the luggage and kids through the casino to our room and still tried to act like this was a fun adventure. I was glad I only had 4 kids because we already looked like a circus act and I was at my luggage capacity strength. Paid for a $ 11.00 movie on TV to help settle them. It could of been $1000.00 and I would of paid it.

7. Slept and kept thinking how are we going to entertain children in a casino for a day while we fix the car. We were very creative...my favorite was having a dance off with ring tones from the cell phone.

8. Kids begging NOT to go to McDonald's for breakfast. When does that happen?

Long story short. It could of been worse and we made it through. My favorite part was the Hotel was called Terrible's. It lived up to its name.



OH!!! in case you were wondering Scott did make it back alive! We were reunited again but not like in the movies... I think I said something so romantic like..."What took you so long?"

3 comments:

Tierney said...

Oh no! That sucks!

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Why do they use rubber duckies during the hot rock massage advertised in the background. That's just weird.

Thanks for the fun post.

KCraig said...

Maybe a little dessert will lift the girls spirits. Here is a link for that recipie.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/chocolate-eclair-squares-111198.aspx