Thursday, September 17, 2009

To fold or not to fold

A couple of years ago I stopped folding all blankets that were in my linen closet. My girls would get into this closet daily and mess up all my folding. They would try and put them back but it looked more like a good stuff it job. Why would I waste my time and who cares if the blankets are folded. Well this has slowly led to my new approach on Laundry. I/Scott fold clothes and make them look like perfect piles that could be put on the tables at the Gap. Place them nicely in drawers and am positive my kids will be grateful for the folded clothes magically appearing in there drawers. The next day I walk by there rooms and notice they were looking for one shirt and have destroyed all my work. Yes, they stuff them back and the drawers jammed shut. Why? Why? do I fold. I don't like folding and does it really matter they are stuffed in their drawers. Now, I know all of you that are OCD this would drive you crazy. You know the ones who iron T-shirts...I am not OCD and can sleep fine with their drawers jammed shut with unfolded clothes. Today I am grateful for this approach. Brody was supposed to be sleeping. Instead he found a fun game to throw all his clean clothes over the stairs. If they were all folded nicely I might of freaked out a bit. No, no freak out.... because I will jam them back in his drawers in one fail swoop and might let him jam them back in his drawers. What did I gain today...10 minutes... I might of wasted this time folding his clothes again.




I don't think they look like raggedy children who wear clothes stuffed in a drawer. My little secret to saving moms time. NO MORE FOLDING... JUST STUFF IT!!!
PS...Scott does not like this approach to his drawers. I wonder why?


2 comments:

grama janie said...

I should have figured this out yars ago. it could hsve saved your childhood

Jason and Amber Horn said...

I'm a stuffer too! Glad I'm not the only one.