Monday, September 21, 2009

Leaving the runway of childhood

My new favorite quote for my child who is a little cautious..."When a great ship is in harbor and anchored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." Although there was no ship involved there was an airplane and nervous girl to fly alone to San Jose. You did it!!! Your ship/airplane is leaving the harbor/runway... You go Girl.

I am so deep today with my analogies. I will have her tell more of her trip soon.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that quote!! I love it, I'm gonna tell it to my overly cautious girl!!

grama janie said...

I can't believe how fortunate I was to have Taylor here on the weekend. After she left we had to hospitalize my dad. She got to see both great grandparents in good shape. She was a blessing to them with her soft, sweet disposition.
thankyou Joy for sharing your daughter with that generation.