Saturday, January 10, 2009

My favorite gifts

I was really excited to give two gifts this Christmas. This one was to Scott (that's about all he got this Christmas). This is a picture of him on his mission on the baptism day with a family from Guatemala. The same family came and found him 15 years later. They waited at our door hoping this was his house. We did not know they were coming and we had been gone all day. As soon as Scott saw them as we drove up he knew who they were and got a little emotional. I was crying too because Brody was 2 days old and I had to climb all over the garage to find his mission photos (that is real love). Their kids wanted to find the Elders that baptized their parents and thank them. The Son went on a mission and attends BYU. The parents now live in Mexico and both are leaders in the church. So, this is a before and after photo for him to put in the Bishop's office. I made the vinyl quote and put it on the frame. I was hoping the YM might think it was cool.

My next cool gift was to my mom. I am sharing this gift because I think all mom's and mothers-in-law would love it (sometimes hard to shop for). I took the above photo and sent it to http://www.personalthrows.com/. They put it on a fleece blanket--it turned out better than I thought. The photo below is my brother standing with the fleece blanket. Not a good phone picture of the fleece but the blanket is actually colorful and crisp. Let's just say it brought tears. I am bugged because she put it on her wall. I would have bought her a framed photo if I knew she was going to put it on the wall. The grandkids love finding themselves on the wall. I hope one day my mom will really use it as a blanket.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that blanket looks great. great idea. my mom is the queen of using blankets on the couch, so maybe next Christmas. Love the one for scott too.

Sheryl said...

You did good girl! I am gonna call you when I need an idea...Nothing like creating things that really mean alot to the receiver. Great story about Elder Rowe.

Kris said...

I love BOTH of those!! They are awesome! Thanks Joy!

Mel said...

Look at you miss creative! I am impressed and it is way thoughtful! I will hit you up next year for ideas! I love the blanket!!!