Sunday, December 11, 2011

Syd is 8

Sydney was probably more excited for her baptism than anyone I know. Because of her December birthday it felt like forever for her. One of my favorite moments came as I was getting her ready to go to the church. She said "Mom, how do you feel knowing this is your last time helping your little girl get dressed?" Me..."Why is this my last time?"....Syd "Because after I get baptized I will be a young woman."












All week she was trying to talk her sisters into doing something special for her on her baptism. Finally, they agreed that Taylor would play the piano and Carly would sing. I know it was a moment she will never forget. She was so touched that she started crying as Carly sang. I love moments when I know they love each other...as opposed to moments like making your sister give you a dollar for rent to borrow a necklace.

2 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

She is so beautiful and so grown up! Wish I could have been there to see her get baptized.

Judi Rowe said...

What a great day. Thanks for sharing it with us