
Every other week I make a Costco trip with my Costco companion...Brody. This time, it was a typical trip...Brody asking for toys...me saying no. "You can look at them in the cart until we check out." Brody is stuffed in the cart...see previous photo. With our cart stocked, the cashier says something like..."Just getting back from a trip?" Nope, just 4 kids. I always hand Brody the receipt because he loves it when they draw the happy face on it. I hand him the receipt. He takes it, walks over to the lady at the door, hands her the receipt and says, "Excuse me, can you draw a sad face?" "Why?" she asks. "My Mom did not buy me a toy today and that makes me sad." That was a first for the lady and now my receipt has a frown on it. He might have had a frown on his face but that definitely put a smile on my face.
2 comments:
Thank you for keeping life in perspective. Every day looking for the "JOY" of it is worth everything. I love you!
Great example to me of not giving in. Thanks Joy. I bought WAY to many transformers for Josh growing up!
Post a Comment