Then running partner number 2 would soon learn the drill as her heavier sister before. She was great because 9 pounds was easy compared to the 30-plus pounds of her pre-school sister. The pounds came on for this little girl too and I wanted to drop my running partner quick. She was weighing me down. Pre-school was her destiny.
Another running partner so small and light. I felt like I had lost 30 lbs as i ditched her sister at preschool. The weight packed on those cute chubby cheeks just like it had done to her two sisters. She knew her free ride was coming to an end on my stroller. I can only run so far pushing a not-so-aero-dynamic stroller.
Partner #4 is probably my best rider. He begs to go on runs and has probably been more miles than any of the other girls. Same stroller I started with 13 years ago is the same stroller I am finishing with. No more pushing kids, no more crying partners, no more extra weight and yet you think I would be excited. My graduation is here and I am not ready to go into the world of running alone without my partners. Pre-school is coming for my 35 pound partner. No lighter partner is aroung the corner to take his place.
2 comments:
"O that thou mightest be like unto this river, continually running into the fountain of righteousness." Looks to me like you did, do and are. Great example of continuing thru all manor of trials.
Sad! For just a second..You look AMAZING!
Post a Comment