Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Arch Nemesis

Superman had Lex Luthor, Frodo had Sauron, vampires have werewolves and I have her, the "recycle lady"...MY ARCH NEMESIS. I have accepted the assignment to help Carly's soccer team raise some money by recycling all the bottles and cans thrown in the trash at soccer games.


I made these cute recycle bins so I would not have to dig through trash cans. Little did I know I was just making it easy for my arch enemy to steal from me. I put these bins out and was so excited to reap in the recycle rewards after the opening night of soccer. I kept monitoring the bins to discover people were using them perfectly. Then SHE appeared from out of nowhere and thrust her hand into my bins to take the cans out. I quickly went over to her and told her that she could not remove the cans from the bin. I explained that she could dig in the normal trash cans or pick up the litter but these bins are off limits. She smiled and walked away. I knew she got the message. She hung around and would literally take peoples drinks before they were done to add to her recycle bags. I guess I got distracted through the night and knew she would not dare touch them again. I was wrong. I looked up and she was stealing from me again. This time I was not nice and told her to leave and I was getting annoyed. Granted, she only came up to my waist so I knew I could take her. I had no bottles in my recycle bins and she had 3 garbage bags full. I became obsessed with her. Scott told me he would give me twenty dollars for recycling if I would stop talking about her and staring her down. Anyone who lives by me and sees her stealing from me at soccer...stop her. I am going to make her wish she had never seen my cute vinyl recycle bins. It's no longer about soccer fundraising...its personal:)

I now keep my recycling cans close to me at the kids soccer games so I can watch them. Only rarely, will I take my eyes off the recycle bins to watch my kids.







It is going to be a really exciting soccer season watching my recycle bins. I assure you I will be victorious. I hope the girls win some games too.




2 comments:

Mel said...

Joy you need to blog more often. You are so freaking funny! This post is hilarious!

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Seriously Joy! I second what Mel said- I always laugh when reading your blog! Love it! Maybe give the lady the 20 bucks to stop stealing your recycling? :-)