My mom is having a birthday. So I decided to give her a blog post as a gift. (cheap, I know) I want to say everything to her that I should have said while growing up. Sometimes it takes you 'til your mid 30's to say the things that should have already been said.
I want to thank you for taking care of me as a newborn. Thanks for waking up in the middle of the night and caring more about me than yourself. I am so grateful I did not have to go through "shaken baby" syndrome as I am sure I tested your patience.
Thank you for letting me be a kid and not having a care in the world. You took on all of the burdens of raising a large family. Once again, you were caring more about others than yourself.
You listened to my stories and fears and hopes...when I know you had your own. You still cared more about me than yourself.
SIDE NOTE...Thanks for all the unappreciated dinners you made me. I am sorry that I would tell you things are gross and I did not like your food. I laugh each night as I hear the same complaints.
I have loved all the extra things you have done for me. I never knew how much time and thought was spent into making the holidays special. Even though we did not give you the praise you deserved, you kept doing special things year after year. Still not caring about the praise you deserved.
Thanks for teaching me to take on anything. I am not scared of power tools and know not to rely on my husband to fix things but just to do it myself. I just fixed the toilet today.
Thanks for making me a person that can contribute to society and ready to face the world.
I think you love Scott more than me, but that makes you a great mother-in-law. You always accepted him as if he were your son. We never have had in-law issues because you cared more about us than yourself.
4 comments:
That was great!
Touching and so funny all at the same time.
Happy Birthday to your Awesome Mom!!!
Have a great day!
Great post Joy! This makes me want to work even harder to be a better mother! (Just making an observation that Taylor looks exactly like you!)
you know Joy, I think it is your goal in life to bring me to tears every holiday or birthday. The blog was wonderful enough but the choice of music pushed me over the top. You are what motherhood is all about. Thanks for keeping me on the right path. You inspire me.
hi Joy! Thanks for your blog address. It's fun to see pictures of your mom and kids. I hope they are all doing well. You can check out my blog, too, but it's boring and not updated much!
Post a Comment