Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gotta hurt

I definitely don't get as stressed out about baby number 4 as i used too. Even I have my limits. I let the girls take Brody outside so he can crawl in the grass and be a boy. I came out to check on him and saw Carly riding in the street with him. So many things ran through my mind. I knew an ER could be where I spent the rest of the day. How could I explain a 1 year old riding double on a bike, no shoes, no helmet on either kid. Luckily my 6th sense kicked in and I caught them in time. I sent Scott the pictures at work to say sorry for my lack of supervision. He sent me back an email and said "That has gotta hurt". I was puzzled...what are you talking about no one got hurt. "Boys are not supposed to sit like that on a bar!!! You know his package". That never even crossed my mind. I thought it was funny how I was concerned for his safety and the life or death moment and A man was concerned for the life or death moment of his boy straddling a bar. Sorry, Brody I am still learning how to be a mother of a Boy.





4 comments:

leigh said...

as a self proclaimed expert on boys i say: diapers are good padding. don't worry about it.

Mel said...

That is HILARIOUS! Why are you so funny! I miss you guys! You make me laugh!

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Joy, your post made me laugh!! I even showed this to my hubby! I love the way that you write and see the funny things in life!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that's so funny. At least her wears a diaper right? Love your book into a blog. I tried that on the website and it didn't work, i'll have to try again. great idea.