
I have had some extra time with vinyl orders slowing down. Plus Brody has been sick so I needed some projects to keep me home. My first project is Valentines for my kids classes. They are edible
ipods. I wrapped the candy hearts boxes slapped on a
ipod label and the ear buds are mini Reese's cups. My kids finally realized how awesome I was. FYI-next year is a
cheapy card with a sucker.

I also made my blog into a book. I love it, my kids love it, and Scott loves it. I used
http://www.blurb.com/. It was easy and cheap. Now I have a journal from last year. My husband used to think blogging is a waste of time.(Probably still does) I told him I was just following the leaders of the church who say to keep a written record of your life. I even remember during General Conference someone said the word "blog." Now he sees how obedient I am with my hard bound book. I think in heaven when they review your life it will make it really easy for them just to refer to your blog...
FASTPASS
5 comments:
Good job! I always wondered if blurb books turn out well. And the iPods...my kids want you to be their mom! I'll send them right over!
Thanks for sharing - I was wondering if there was a place that would journal your blog entries.
I was printing my blog out today. I am so glad it turned out so cute!!! The Ipod is beyond my abilities. You are so talented!
cool book, you've almost motivated me to start a blog. look at you all spiritual and following prophetic council.
ummmm....joy?
I just saw your description of how you used your free time (yes, sick kids--its a love/hurry up and get better type relationship) and I just wanna put my comment out there that says...
from MY point of view---these kind of "gifts" that the girls bring home from school?
make us solo-flyer parent types think internally to ourselves....
"man!!! how on earth does someone have that much time to MAKE THIS??!???" (yeah, i'm numbers trained by profession--so any creative endeavor totally impresses me for reals!!!)
followed closely by...
"I'm SO glad my girls have someone in their class that has the mom that's got the foresight to see how much it means to the kids to singularly call out to each kid the wish of "happy holiday day" with such a treasure for them to take home"
I mean this in all serious-ness, though sarcasm is usually my weapon of choice---
I clean out my own girls "backpacks" and when I come across a treasure as you describe that you made so effortlessly? I give a sigh of relief and send the prayer of thanks off to the heavens..."thank goodness--there's another mother out there that "gets" it". It really IS ...ALL for the kids...that the parents offer up such tokens of love.
you are a perfect example of the fact that the Moms DO what they can....and WHEN they can...and the children--totally benefit and will remember such a treasure.
just---thought you could use my unique feedback ;-)
and no, i'm not offering the challenge of setting the bar this high every year with all your kids--I'm saying...it IS noticed. and savored most by the ones that may potentially have the least likely chance of a "voice" to give thanks.
but tonight, you get the voice; from afro---
cheers to you and your beautiful family-
-af
Post a Comment