If you are good Mormon parents you have to take your kids at least once in their life to Nauvoo and other church history sites. Scott and I have now checked that box and our kids forever have to say we are good parents. It is kind of hard to sell your kids on this being a fun vacation...so what are we going to do? Bring another family who they love and we love to lessen the complaining. It worked!! It was a great vacation with great attitudes. It was a 9-day trip with a plane ride and 2,500 miles in the RV...so I am going to make a few blog posts about it.
We flew from LA to Chicago the day after school got out. It was going to be the best flight ever. Parents in first class with the kids in coach. Of course, we got the "so unfair"...blah...blah...blah. It was all working out so well until I saw a flight attendant run through first class to grab a medical chemical kit and dart to the back. In my mind I thought "someone must be sick...that sucks." Then I got a tap on the arm..."Ma'am, do you have a daughter in coach?" Crap...it is one of my kids. So, to make a gross story short, I went back to coach with the cattle and Sydney came up front to first class.
We got 2 RVs so we could have some space...These are our drivers that drove all 2,500 miles.
I thought I would take a "before" photo of 7 happy kids. We told them we would have devotionals along the way. For our first devotional, Scott dressed up like Joseph Smith with a hat. The kids gave us the "are you serious" look complete with eye rolls. Nope, just messing with you!


No comments:
Post a Comment