Friday, November 30, 2012

Syd is 9

Sydney came into the world so fast that the doctor and her Dad did not make it to the delivery.  


 Sometimes I feel bad because I don't remember her much as a baby because I was so overwhelmed with three kids that I was just trying to survive.   I remember she was an easy baby and just went with the flow.


My favorite age of all my kids is 2...that is when I can really tell who they will be.  She was so hard to figure out.


She loves being a girly....girl.


 She is the best of friends and the worst of friends with her brother.


She loves pictures of herself.


 She says soccer is her life.


 She is never scared to try new things.


 She knows exactly who she is...even though she is in the shadows of 2 sisters.


She is our assassin and tom boy on the soccer field...example...she overheard a coach on the opposite team tell a girl playing against Syd that he wanted to see Syd down on the grass.  Syd overheard his comment and next thing you knew the other girl was down on the grass.  Don't mess with Sydney.


She is a loud little girl...yet she is sooo quiet.  She does not mind just being by herself and her thoughts.


She is our Sydney and we have loved you from the moment you entered the world 9 years ago.   


HB!

2 comments:

Judi Rowe said...

I agree, she is one special girl. Smart, beautiful, spiritual and so very grown up. We love you Sydney.

Jodie said...

Great soccer story about the taking them down to the grass! That a girl...first thing I thought when I saw her baby picture is that it actually looks like Sydney! A lot of baby pictures, don't know if it's just me, but they don't really look like the person. And yeah, I don't remember too much bout Josh being a baby, but I do remember the all-emcompassing, overwhelmed feeling. The first few times I tried getting everyone to church, the house was a mess & I realized it would just have to stay that way til Monday morning cuz I didn't have the energy to clean it up. Difficult for me but SO necessary