I feel like I need to be a motivational poster everyday to my kids. I need to uplift them, encourage them, inspire them and challenge them in every aspect of their life.
I don't believe my kids will be great at everything they try...I just don't want them to be afraid to try.
I love running now... but was too afraid to run cross country in high school. I thought it would be too hard, so I did not want to try. I guess I am living vicariously through Taylor. She is not afraid to try.
I think she is surprising herself and definitely surprising me. She actually enjoys pushing herself further than she has ever pushed herself physically.
I don't need to be her motivational poster anymore...
She is starting to get it!!!!
Plus, she is getting some new muscles...
I wish I could be more like her. All is not lost, though, on my cross country career... The cross country team lets Mom's run with the team in the mornings at 5:30am. She invited me to come.
I hope she knows that she is now a motivational poster of her own for these two. Sometimes, it is great to have sisters motivate you during your race.



2 comments:
SO PROUD OF TAYLOR! I gotta break out my X Country pics now! Beware-BIG HAIR! Goes without sayin this is one of my favorites of your blog! Posters made me smile! & Btw, usually in high school, X County is same season as volleyball so you couldn't have done it
So proud of you both. You are a motivation mover for me. I will never be a runner on the track but I try to be a runner in life so i can try to keep up with my awesome grandchildren.
Post a Comment